SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 45 - 50 Minutes
What you need:
- 1½ Cup Whole Wheat Penne Pasta, Dry
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheese
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add turkey and cook until browned.
- Add tomato sauce, oregano, and parsley and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until pasta is al dente. Drain and cool.
- In a 9 by 13-inch baking dish, pour 1/3 of the simmered turkey and tomato sauce in the bottom of the dish, then 1/3 of the pasta, and then 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layering 2 more times.
- Cover casserole with foil and place in oven.
- Check every 15 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove foil for last 5 minutes of cooking to brown cheese.