SERVES: 12 portions
RECIPE TIME: 30 - 40 Minutes
What you need:
- ¾ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Veggie Oil
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Egg*
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¾ Tsp Cinnamon
- ¾ Cup Puréed Zucchini
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line bottom of baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, cream together oil, vanilla and sugar. Stir in egg and zucchini until well blended.
- Stir zucchini mixture into flour mixture. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
- *Substitute with flaxseed meal to make it egg free. For every 1 egg, mix 1 Tbsp of flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp of water, and allow it to thicken for 15 mins.