Wheat Berry & Strawberry Salad
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 75 - 85 Minutes
What you need:
- Wheat Berries
- 3 Cup Wheat Berries, Rinsed and Drained
- 6 Cup Veggie Broth
- 6 Cup Water
- 10 Medium Strawberries, Hulled and Chopped into ¼ Inch Pieces
- 3 Cup Baby Spinach
- ½ Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- In a large saucepan, combine the wheat berries, broth, and water.
- Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce the heat so the liquid simmers, cover pan, and cook until the wheat berries are tender, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Drain the wheat berries in a strainer and set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice and olive oil until smooth.
- Pour dressing over wheat berries and add the strawberries and spinach. Toss until all ingredients are coated.