SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 30 Minutes
What you need:
- 1½ tsp Veggie Oil
- ¾ tsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup Kidney Beans
- 3 Cup Ground Turkey
- 6 Tbsp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 6 Corn Tortillas (6 inch)
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Rinse, wash and soak rice. In a large pan add vegetable oil, onions, and garlic. Cook onions until translucent.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Add bay leaf.
- Drain rice and add to the boiling water; reduce heat to a simmer. Cover.
- Once rice is half cooked add the beans and continue to cook until tender.
- While rice is cooking, sauté the ground turkey for approximately 5-7 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with 1 tortilla, 1 Tbsp sour cream and 1 Tbsp shredded cheese per portion.