SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 20-25 Minutes
What you need:
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Penne Pasta, Dry
- 2 Cups Chickpea
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach, Thawed and Drained or 3 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over low heat, add garlic, spinach, thyme, and oregano, and stir to coat. Then stir in chickpeas and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon and cooked pasta, tossing until pasta and chickpeas are coated.