Butternut Squash Soup
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 45 - 60 Minutes
What you need:
- 3 Cup Butternut Squash, Halved
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Apples, Peeled and Diced
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- 1 tsp Sage
- 3 Cup Veggie Stock
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place squash on parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and roast until tender, about 30-40 minutes. Once cooked remove from skin.
- Meanwhile, peel, core and cut apple into a medium sized dice. Cook apple, onion and sage in a large saucepan on medium heat until softened (about 7 minutes). Add veggie broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add roasted squash for about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat to cool. Puree the soup until smooth.