Roaring Red Lentil Pasta
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 70 - 90 Minutes
What you need:
- 1 ½ Cup Whole Wheat Penne Pasta, Dry
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Diced Onion
- ½ Cup Diced Celery
- ½ Cup Diced Carrot
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Red Lentils, Dry
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cup Tomato Sauce
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a pot of add 1 cup of water and lentils. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Add in tomato sauce and veggies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot bring water to a rolling boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 7-10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and combine with lentil sauce.