SERVES: 24 portions
RECIPE TIME: 1 Hour
What you need:
- 2 Cup Oat
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour (Plus 4 tsp)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Blueberry
- 1 1/2 Cup Strawberry
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
What to do:
- Be sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Filling: a) In saucepan, bring berries, sugar and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about ten minutes. Whisk in 4 teaspoons of whole wheat flour until thickened.
- Filling: b) Refrigerate until cooled.
- Base and Topping: a) In large bowl, stir together the oats, the rest of the flour, brown sugar, sea salt and baking soda.
- Base and Topping: b) Cut in the butter to form a crumbling mixture.
- Base and Topping: c) Reserve 1 ½ cups of the crumbs and pat evenly onto your lined baking tray.
- Base and Topping: d) Spread the berry mixture over the base. Crumble the reserved mixture topping over the berry mixture.
- Base and Topping: e) Bake in the oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 40-45 minutes.
- Base and Topping: f) Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Base and Topping: g) Cut into squares and serve.