Pumpkin Booster Bite
SERVES: 24 portions
RECIPE TIME: 1 Hour
What you need:
- 6 Tbsp Dried Cranberry
- ¾ Cup Orange Juice
- ¾ Cup Oats, Toasted
- 6 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- ¾ Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 ¼ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Sugar, Granulated
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Rice Krispies, GF
- 6 Tbsp. Dried Apples, Chopped
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
What to do:
- Make sure you wash your hands before you begin
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Prepare a 9x9 inch baking dish by lining with parchment paper.
- Combine orange juice and cranberries to soak.
- Spread oats and pumpkin seeds out in an even layer.
- Bake for approximately 5-8 minutes, watching closely for the oats to turn brown and become fragrant.
- In a saucepan, bring maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, sugar and salt to a simmer over medium heat. Stir and reduce for 30 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients. Stir in the oat mixture and pour in the wet ingredients combining until evenly coated.
- Press mixture into the prepared baking dish and use another piece of parchment paper on top and compress.
- Bake for 20 minutes then pack or press down while hot.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool. Cut into bars and serve once chilled.