Piri Piri Chicken
Portuguese explorers first discovered Bird Eye Chili or Piri Piri when travelling to Africa and brought these spices and flavours home creating the famous dish that the country is well known for today.
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 45 - 60 Minutes
One way to ensure your chicken is moist is to purchase bone-in chicken breasts. The bones will insulate the meat and help the chicken retain its tenderness.... So delicious!
- Add avocado on top of your Piri Piri chicken for an extra boost of Vitamin E. Along with helping your cholesterol levels avocados can help your skin have a natural, fresh glow!
- Use fresh herbs when making this dish to make the flavours of the Piri Piri really POP!
- Try using a sweet smoked paprika to change up the taste...You will not be disappointed!
What you need:
- 6 Chicken Breast
- ½ Tbsp Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cup Diced Tomato
What to do:
- Make sure you wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Add all ingredients to dish and bake in oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour.