SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 20 Minutes
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 Cup Orzo
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (or zest of one Lemon)
- 3 3/4 Cup Veggie Stock
- 1 tsp Fresh Dill
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, then cook until softened.
- Stir in the orzo until well coated in oil.
- Add in lemon juice (or zest) and veggie stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer the orzo for 10 minutes or until cooked through (The amount of liquid should be reduced significantly).
- Allow to cool, then chill in the refrigerator.
- Mix in the fresh dill.
- Serve as a refreshing accompaniment to your favourite protein!