Molten Meatball Sub
What you need:
- ¼ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Egg (optional)
- 4 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Veggie Oil
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Cup Diced Celery
- 2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Diced Tomato
- 2 Tbsp Basil
What to do:
- Be sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl mix together bread crumbs, ½ the garlic, ground beef and egg.
- Roll meat into small golf ball sized meatballs. Place about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn them over and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes, or until somewhat crispy on the outside.
- In a large skillet heat veggie oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery and garlic and cook until translucent. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer sauce for 30 minutes.
- Add meatballs to tomato sauce.
- Serve between a whole wheat roll.