Granola is a popular dish across the globe, being served as both a breakfast dish and a mid-day snack. This dish can be served with your favourite yogurt, fruit sauce, or used as a dessert topping.
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 30 Minutes
With this easy granola recipe you can get as creative as you like by adding other dried fruits or experimenting with different spices, like allspice!
- Add a variety of seeds such as pumpkin, and sunflower seeds to add different textures and flavours!
What you need:
- 1/3 Cup Oat
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Veggie Oil
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seed
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seed
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Add brown sugar, oil, cinnamon, coconut and vanilla to a small saucepan; stir and mix well. Brown over medium heat, then pour over dry ingredients. Stir to coat.
- Spread mixture evenly on parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes then stir.
- Continue to bake until crispy and toasted – approx. another 10 minutes.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.