In the 1600s, famous French Chef Francois Vatel created this simple yet delicious recipe. This is a classic dish that can be used to marinate fish and other meats.
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 20 minutes
Always try to use fresh herbs as they add more flavour to the dish!
- Try making this dish with chicken. Bread the chicken with panko, freshly chopped herbs and cook the same way as the fish fillets.
What you need:
- 6 Fish Fillet
- ½ Cup Veggie Stock
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Thyme
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the fillets to the pan and cook until they are lightly browned on each side.
- In a medium bowl, mix together broth and lemon juice.
- In a medium sized baking pan, place fillets in a single layer and pour broth and lemon juice mixture on top.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until fish is fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add the fresh thyme at the end.
- Serve one fillet per person.