SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 20 - 30 Minutes
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp Veggie Oil
- 2 lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- ½ Cup Diced Carrot
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup Beans
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4-6 Whole Wheat Tortilla
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet heat veggie oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned and set aside.
- Cook onions and garlic until onions are almost translucent. Add carrots, tomato sauce and turkey and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add water, rice and a bay leaf to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until rice is cooked
- Add the beans to the cooked rice.
- In a large pan layer all ingredients. Cooked turkey mixture on the bottom, ½ cup shredded cheese, rice and beans above, and a layer of tortillas. Bake for 20-30 minutes and then add the rest of the shredded cheese for the last 10 minutes of cooking.