Clever Curry Meatballs
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 35-40 Minutes
What you need:
- 2 Lbs Ground Beef
- ¼ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cup Onion, Diced
- 4 Tbsp Minced Garlic (Use half for Meatballs)
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 Cup Diced Tomato
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Cup Water
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl mix together bread crumbs, ½ the garlic, ground beef and egg.
- Roll meat into small golf ball sized meatballs. Place about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn them over and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes, or until somewhat crispy on the outside.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Stir in chili powder, ginger, cumin, curry powder, and turmeric and cook until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add tomato, bay leaf, and water, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Allow sauce to cool and puree using a blender or food processor.
- Place cooked meatballs in the sauce and cook until heated through.