Chicken Fried Rice
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 1 Hour
What you need:
- 1 ½ Cup Uncooked Brown Rice
- 3 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Veggie Oil
- 2 lb Diced Chicken
- ¾ Cup Pea
- ¾ Cup Diced Carrot
- ¾ Cup Diced Pineapple
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
What to do:
- Make sure you wash your hands before you begin.
- In a large pot add water and brown rice and bring it to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on a low heat until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered about 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside.
- Heat veggie oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the diced chicken on medium-high heat until cooked evenly on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add peas, carrots and pineapple and cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, rice and soy sauce. Stir to combine and heat thoroughly until chicken is reheated through.
- Garnish with diced green onion and enjoy!