Chicken Caesar Wrap
Caesar salad was not born in Italy, it was first created in Tijuana, Mexico in the 1920s on the Fourth of July weekend. Caesar salad was once voted by the International Society of Epicures in Paris as the "greatest recipe to originate from the Americas in fifty years."
SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 10 - 15 minutes
When making your dressing, try using Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese which has a sharp, complex fruity/nutty taste with a strong savory flavor and a slightly gritty texture…….the taste difference is remarkable!
- this salad easily can be served as an appetizer or, by adding a protein such as chicken or shrimp, it can be turned into a complete meal!
- Try making the dressing table side which is how historically it was prepared in a big wooden bowl.
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Cup Diced Chicken
- 6 Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 3 Cup Shredded Lettuce
What to do:
- Make sure to wash your hands before you begin.
- In a food processor, blend lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, and minced garlic to make dressing.
- Toss lettuce in dressing. Portion ½ cup salad per tortilla and top with cooked diced chicken.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over chicken and roll tortillas into wraps and serve one each.