SERVES: 6 portions
RECIPE TIME: 45 - 60 Minutes
What you need:
- 1 Cup Barley, Dry
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Cup Peeled and Diced Butternut Squash
- 2 Cup Veggie Stock
- 2 Tbsp Thyme
What to do:
- Make sure you wash your hands before you begin.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place diced squash on parchment lined baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Add butter, onion and garlic to saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until translucent.
- Add the barley and pour in the veggie stock.
- Bring to a boil and add roasted squash. Then reduce heat to simmer, cover, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 – 45 minutes.